How to Select Light Fixtures that Work Together with your Furniture
Good lighting. As meaningless as it may seem, can make or break the ambiance of your home. With this in mind, it’s best to select the right light fixtures that work together with your furniture. This is one of the reasons why many make it a point to invest in Singapore furniture and lighting. For one, such straightforward move can inject a sense of elegance as well as functionality on basically any room in the house. Whether it’s a master bedroom, living room, kids room, or bathroom.
But the question still stands: What are the aspects that you should consider to ensure that your Singapore furniture and lighting complement each other. Read on for details.
- Consider scale – On the one hand, table lamps are great, but there are cases that a large lantern, a big sculptural floor lamp, or an oversized pendant can–in one way or another–bring out the focal point that a room needs.
- Include at least three light sources in each room – It’s a bit boring if the rooms in your house only have one light source. With this in mind, to shun away boredom, make sure to have at least three light sources. The good news is you don’t have to break the bank to address this since you can opt for general (overhead or pendant lighting), ambient (candles or scones), and specific (table or task).
- Add a dimmer – Adding a dimmer is one of the most practical things that you can do to ensure that your Singapore furniture and lighting complement each other. With a dimmer, you can easily alter the mood as well as the brightness (depending on the time of the day) of a particular area or room with a flick of a switch. Plus, it’s easy to install and doesn’t cost a lot.
- Invest in light fixtures – Light fixtures are other commodities that are worth the investment when it comes to enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your Singapore furniture and lighting. Want to deliver a crisp and classic look? Go for pendant chandeliers. Modern vibe? Lamps with domes that come with chrome tipped bulbs can do the trick.
- Make the most of natural lighting – Natural lighting doesn’t get enough credit when it comes to improving Singapore furniture and lighting qualities. Putting this factor into consideration, it’s best to invest in the right window blinds, curtains, and so on. It’s straightforward and light on the pocket; plus, it makes a difference.
These are only some of the things that you can do to ensure that you Singapore furniture and lighting complement each other. As you can see, in many cases, it doesn’t cost a lot or require taxing effort to make things work.
However, if you want to achieve the one-of-a-kind look that you’ve always wanted, it’s best to best to obtain fixtures and other accessories from tried and tested providers. A great option is W. Atelier, a purveyor of luxury Singapore furniture and lighting furnishings, among others.
With over 30 years of experience and carrying prominent brands, W. Atelier is the expert in providing friendly advice and top recommendations to suit any customer’s style, be it classic, contemporary or minimalistic. Get inspired when you view from more than a dozen global brands for a variety of products that include bathroom suites, system kitchens, furniture, lighting, and accessories. Let us help you find the right modern living room furniture to turn up the style dial of your home today!